YRP is now hiring:
York Regional Police is actively recruiting special constables.
What it takes to become a Special Constable:
The role of a Special Constable at York Regional Police focuses on supporting uniform officers by carrying out duties out in the region and in the courts such as prisoner management and transportation, forensic identification processing and community support. Every York Regional Police special constable plays an important role in realizing our vision of ensuring our citizens feel safe and secure through excellence in policing.
Applicants for the special constable position must meet the following requirements:
- Have proof of successful completion of four years of secondary school education or equivalency
- Have no criminal record for which you have not received a pardon and be of good moral character and habits
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and at least 18-years-old
- Possess valid standard or emergency first-aid and CPR – Level C certifications, at minimum
- Possess a valid Ontario driver’s license class G, at minimum
- Meet the minimum vision and hearing standards as defined by the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP)
- Successful completion of aptitude testing (Sigma Survey for Police Officers Exam) and the physical fitness requirement (Modified PIN test)
The York Regional Police Service is an equal opportunity employer. At York Regional Police, our actions are guided by set of values shared by every one of our members. These core values are essential to carrying out the vision and mission of our organization in a way that supports our people and our community. Our code of ethics ensures that everything we do at York Regional Police is conducted at the highest possible standard. Our community expects and deserves no less.
Our motto Deeds Speak
Employment information sessions:
Employment information sessions are open to the public and are intended for anyone interested in a police constable or special constable position at York Regional Police.
Check our website to see upcoming sessions:
Each session includes a presentation, followed by a question-and-answer period. Members of the Uniform Recruiting Unit will be on hand a half-hour before all information sessions to accept completed application packages from attendees.
Uniform Recruiting Unit
70 Bales Drive East
East Gwillimbury, ON L0G 1V0
1-866-876-5423 ext. 6720
1-866-876-5423 ext. 6722